ADOBE PHOTOSHOP CS4



Cameras are easy to review. Give me one for a few hours to shoot in various conditions, and I can spit out a review that is meaningful to most kinds of photographers for use under most likely conditions. I've been shooting for more than 40 years, so I have this down. Cameras are simple.
I've been working in digital imaging full-time for a living since the 1980s, long before Photoshop was ever released, but I'll admit that I'm humbled by Photoshop.
While I confidently churn out reviews on even the most complex digital and film cameras, even the most complex digital camera is trivial compared to the awesome and innumerable powers of Photoshop.
Even back in the 1990s with Photoshop 4, it could do far more than I could ever master in my lifetime. With Photoshop, the best I can hope to do is to learn how to do what I need it to do, and ignore the rest.
Now, with way over 20 years of continuous development inside it by hundreds of people, Photoshop is such a broad and deep tool for so many completely different people and applications, no one man is worthy of writing what I'd call a review.
Therefore I don't dare call this a review of Photoshop. I am not worthy. I don't think anyone is worthy.
What I will do is give you my opinions of how well this latest CS4 version of Photoshop works for me and what I do, and most importantly, why it's worth upgrading to it when you can do the same things on any other version of Photoshop.
I spend hours every day working in CS4. It's so bad that I've even had dreams where my entire perception of life is nothing more than mousing around in Photoshop, which sadly, is pretty much how my day-to-day life goes. (The other hours are spent in Dreamweaver, but Dreamweaver CS4 is so buggy that I use Dreamweaver CS2 instead.).




0 comments:

Post a Comment